Civil Engineering CAD Designer – San Marcos, TX
Civil CAD Designer will be responsible for efficiently producing site civil engineering and/or land development design plans. This position reports to the Civil Engineering Manager and works closely with the civil engineers and surveyors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce plans including paving, drainage, grading, water, wastewater, signage and marking plans for commercial and residential site development.
- Produce plan-profile drawings for public infrastructure improvement projects.
- Prepare drainage calculations, cut and fill calculations, survey “clean-up,” project coordination and attendance at meetings with clients and/or other consultants, site inspections, utility/record drawing research and permit processing through local government agencies as required.
- Visualize and plan the geographic representation of designs for land development related projects including residential, commercial, and municipal.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D (Current Version) and associated programs.
- Perform basic design calculations.
- Work closely with Engineers and Surveyors to obtain project information and ensure drawings are accurate and complete.
- Work independently and as part of a team with direction from Engineers/Project Managers
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of high school diploma and technical school training with courses in computer-aided drafting or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum 3 years of computer-aided drafting (CAD) experience on site and/or land development projects is required.
- Experience in commercial & residential land development, to include site improvement design, drainage, utilities, grading, etc.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Possess EIT (Engineer in Training) certification or be within 1 year of obtaining certificate.